Sunday, January 22, 2012

Analysis 2

The book "Doing Business in China" by Tim Ambler, Morgan Witzel, and Chao Xi explains the theory behind Chinese business and how to negotiate and organize within the business environment. This book is described as research on the culture and nature of China to help readers to gain knowledge of what to look out for in doing potential business in China.

Some of the questions that the texts looks to answer are: "Where should I make my first point of entry?", "Do I need a Chinese partner or should I go it alone?", "what ethical issues might I encounter when doing business in China?", and "How do I deal with various levels of government in China?". The text is structured from general and big picture, to specifics. It discusses philosophies, values and strategies. Regulations and laws are also a large part of the text, since there are many restrictions in China that American businesses are not use to. Marketing processes and strategies are also discussed along with American vs. Chinese commercial thinking.

The authors have taken a pretty cynical, yet pragmatic approach to their research. They have tried to cover all of the bases, not just political and economical, but cultural and sociological as well. This book encompasses the entire experience, even down to living in China.

No comments:

Post a Comment